The Strife is O'er
1. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
The strife is o'er, the battle done;
the victory of life is won;
the song of triumph has begun.
2. The powers of death have done their worst,
but Christ their legions has dispersed.
Let shouts of holy joy outburst.
3. The three sad days are quickly sped;
he rises glorious from the dead.
All glory to our risen Head.
4. Lord, by the stripes which wounded thee,
from death's dread sting thy servants free,
that we may live and sing to thee.
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
The Day of Resurrection
1. The day of resurrection! Earth, tell it out abroad;
the passover of gladness, the passover of God.
From death to life eternal, from earth unto the sky,
our Christ hath brought us over, with hymns of victory.
2. Our hearts be pure from evil, that we may see aright
the Lord in rays eternal of resurrection light;
and listening to his accents, may hear, so calm and plain,
his own "All hail!" and, hearing, may raise the victor strain.
3. Now let the heavens be joyful! Let earth the song begin!
Let the round world keep triumph, and all that is therein!
Let all things seen and unseen their notes in gladness blend,
for Christ the Lord hath risen, our joy that hath no end.